Oktoberfest is crazy. Everyone should definitely come prepared for the madness that commences once the beer starts flowing. Below are some tips for anyone who is thinking of going to the biggest drinking party of the year.
Oktoberfest Survival Guide:
1. Bring cash. Credit cards are no bueno.
2. Get there early. As in 6 am early. The lines for the beer tents are loooong.
3. Tip the bar maids good so you get your beers quicker!
4. Leave all valuables and documents at home/hotel. There are plenty of pickpockets as well as other opportunistic individuals.
5. Once the tent opens, run to get a table. People get trampled since you only get beer if you have a table.
6. Stay in your table and do not lose anyone from your party. There are thousands of people in Oktoberfest and finding someone lost is near impossible.
7. Learn the German drinking songs!
8. There are plenty of things to do outside the beer tents like carnival rides and games for kids but make sure you don’t lose them!
9. Book hotel and transportation arrangements way in advance since prices get pretty ridiculous the closer you get to Oktoberfest.
10. Most important of all, have fun but make sure you are sober enough to find your way back to your bus/car/hotel!
I did not bring my trusty DSLR camera since I did not want to lose it in the frenzy but still managed to get these pictures from our trusty phones.